|Picture courtesy Williams F1|
|Picture courtesy Scuderia Ferrari|
The newly launched FW35 in the hands of Pastor Maldonado looked quick in the early morning, and surprisingly finished the day just over one second off the best time, considering the car had some catching up to do in terms of mileage when compared to all the other cars who had a four day head start. The Toro Rosso seems to have well and truly moved from the back of the grid from 2012 and solidly into the midfield with a time set ahead of McLaren's young Mexican star Checo.
Sergio is still getting used to his new environment and the media blitz that is McLaren, and the team will be looking to him to get everything together before Saturday at the Australian Grand Prix.
Barcelona Testing Time Sheet - Day 1
1. Rosberg - Mercedes - 1.22.616
2. Raikkonen - Lotus - 1.22.623
3. Alonso - Ferrari - 1.22.952
4. Vettel - Red Bull - 1.22.965
5. Maldonado - Williams - 1.23.733
6. Ricciardo - Toro Rosso - 1.23.733
7. Perez - McLaren - 1.24.124
8. Di Resta - Force India - 1.24.144
9. Guiterrez - Sauber - 1.25.124
10. Chilton - Marussia - 1.26.747
11. Pic - Caterham - 1.27.534